WordPress: Unexpected Response From The Server. The File May Have Been Uploaded Successfully. Check In The Media Library Or Reload The Page
Does anyone know what this error message on WordPress means?
Unexpected response from the server. The file may have been uploaded successfully. Check in the Media Library or reload the page.
I couldn't find any errors that I can think of.
This happened when I tried to upload an MP4 file that is about 200MB in size. I have set my WordPress to accept MP4 of up to 5GB so that shouldn't be a problem, I am using WordPress Multisite installation on Ubuntu 16.04.
php.ini I have set the max upload size to 50GB and max post size to 50GB too and I also set the max memory to 1GB. But it just kept sending me that error and I have no idea where to look. All it says was an unexpected response and I have no idea what response that might be.
I can upload MP4 with a size of 27MB with no problem, I know the default WordPress setting is 20MB so I'm pretty sure the size isn't the problem.
I have also check that the file wasn't corrupted, it was working fine on my computer as well as YouTube.
I tried restarting PHP (PHP-FPM) and Apache2 but it doesn't seem to be working.
Does anyone has an idea of what is going on? Thanks 🙌
The mentioned error is generic, it may refer to more than one possibility, so check this out:
- Maybe you enabled Cloudflare with basic plan in your hosting, if so, Cloudflare limits the upload to 100 MB.
- Maybe you mixed content on your website, with some pages refering to http and other pages refering to https. If so, please check the link: https://websitesetup.org/http-to-https-wordpress.
- Maybe you installed security plugin.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?