WIX Installer UI - How To Create Feature Selection
I created a WIX Installer without really knowing a ton about WIX. I do like that I know what I am installing, where I am installing it, and how to create the setup application. However - I can't seem to figure out how to give checkboxes for each feature.
For example, I set my program up to have 2 features:
<Feature Id="AdminClient" Title="Admin Client" Level="1"> </Feature> <Feature Id="AppDB" Title="Application Database" Level="1"> </Feature>
For this application, I want the installation to allow the user to check the boxes of the stuff they want to install. For example - quite often the user will already have an application database and I do not want to overwrite that database.
I will also be adding other optional features and would like to have selection options for those.
I've played around with WixUI_Advanced and WixUI_InstallDir - but didn't see a way to do it with either. But, again, I'm not great at this yet.
WixUI_Mondo dialog sets expose a feature selection dialog.
- → Add Product Variant - 404 Error
- → How to make open graph links work with 301 redirects
- → How to ignore missing nodes when deserialising json in .NET
- → Need help in Visual Basic program
- → How to save a textbox query result to a database after editing it? - MS Access
- → Is there a database option that is local and does not require lots of overhead
- → Need Helping in Writing Text Files in VB
- → Server Error in '/' Application VB.NET
- → Compare date fields into two datatables
- → Unrecognized database format when filling DataAdapter
- → Reliable timer in a console application
- → What is the best way to handle multiple permission types?