Why Google Index This?
Why google index this ?
In this webpage:
there is this image:
Why this image is indexed if in the robots.txt there is "Disallow: /sites/" ??
You can see that is indexed from this search:
P.P.S. This is NOT my website... so I can't use google webmaster tool.
If this image has been hotlinked by another website, google will crawl it - despite its original domain's robots.txt
There is really not much you can do, despite trying to avoid hotlinking through .htaccess or some other form of redirection or IIS directive. However, as you are not owner of the original site, these alternatives might not be viable.
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms
- → Inline JS callback syntax Vs Internal JS callback syntax
- → Prevent form action from being followed by robots
- → How to remove parameters from the root URL if it does I18n
- → SEO Canonical URL in Greek characters
- → Htaccess negation
- → Wrapping anchor elements with text
- → Adding schema.org to site
- → dynamic php title depends on page id and using of "if (isset"
- → Building sitemap for 2 wordpress install under 1 domain
- → Bigcommerce Repeating url
- → 301 Redirection from no-www to www in wordpress
- → Wrapper inside or outside HTML5 semantics main, which is best practice?