Where Is The Root Page For My Website Coming From?
I checked out the source code for a website that my company runs with OctoberCMS via Git and got a DB dump and I'm not able to get my local copy of the website looking like the prod copy does.
In the myproject/themes/mytheme/pages directory there are three files:
home-page.htm has the following:
title = "my_home" url = "/home" layout = "default" is_hidden = 0 == blah blah blah
On my local install /home returns the same content that / does on prod. Here's what / and /home do on both prod and local:
- /home works
- / returns an error 404
- / works (returns the same content as /home on local)
- /home returns an error 404
Why is prod behaving differently than local? The fact that home-page.htm has
url = "/home" makes me think that local is behaving correctly. So why is prod behaving the way it is then? Where should I be looking to figure this out?
Turns out the production server was running https://octobercms.com/plugin/axmit-storage (which stores CMS content in the DB instead of the local FS) whereas the local server wasn't.
- → OctoberCMS Backend Loging Hash Error
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → OctoberCMS - How to make collapsible list default to active only on non-mobile
- → Create plugin that makes objects from model in back-end
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → How to install console for plugin development in October CMS
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → How to update data attribute on Ajax complete
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page