Where Did The Shopify Webhook For Order Update Go?
I need to subscribe to the order update Shopify webhook. The thing is, is I can't find it! They have changed the way the
shopify_app.rb config file is structured. So this is the way it looks now:
config.scope = "read_shipping, write_shipping, read_products, write_products, read_fulfillments, write_fulfillments, read_orders, write_orders, read_themes, write_themes, orders/updated"
Looking at the Shopify docs it doesn't look like the order update hook exists anymore. According to their own docs
But there is this old doc that does contain the order update hook: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/events/webhook
I put that style into my
config.scope line but I got this when I try and install: https://nimb.ws/JH267z
EDIT: I'm just trying sh*t now.. I tried
update_orders and that didn't work: https://nimb.ws/Yun5Us
Scope has nothing to do with Webhook subscriptions. If you subscribe to a webhook like orders/update, then you receive orders at your designated end point when the update occurs.
Scope is more of an authorization tool, for API access to endpoints at Shopify. No matter what you do with scope, it will not add a webhook subscription for you. For that, you call the Webhook endpoint and add the webhook you need.
- → Trigger a click with jQuery using link_to of rails 4
- → Adding html data attribute to simple_forms input
- → How to remove parameters from the root URL if it does I18n
- → passing parameters to rails back end from an ajax call
- → Blocking ?page= in robots.txt
- → react js and rails Updating state on a component with active record relationship
- → State not passed into prop
- → Cannot read property 'modalIsOpen' of undefined
- → Objects not valid issue
- → How to map API params to model
- → Consuming webhooks shopify-api
- → How to add ScriptTag on shopify_api gem?