When Should I Use Rel=noreferrer?
I have to link some other external sites.
I know when to use
nofollow. But I am not clear when I should use
In short, the
noreferrer link type hides referrer information when the link is clicked. A link with the
noreferrer link type looks something like this:
<a target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="http://www.example.com" rel="noreferrer">Click here for more info</a>
If someone arrives at your site from a link that uses this link type, your analytics won't show who refered that link. Instead, it will mistakenly show as direct traffic in your acquisition channels report.
If you have an external link to someone else's site you don't trust and you want to hide referrer information then you can combine both and use
<a target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="http://example.com/sample_page/" rel="noreferrer nofollow">Other Domain Link</a>
I advise you to use
nofollow links for the following content:
- Links in comments or on forums - Anything that has user-generated content is likely to be a source of spam. Even if you carefully moderate, things will slip through.
- Advertisements & sponsored links - Any links that are meant to be advertisements or are part of a sponsorship arrangement must be nofollowed.
- Paid links - If you charge in any way for a link (directory submission, quality assessment, reviews, etc.),
nofollowthe outbound links
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → How to update data attribute on Ajax complete
- → laravel blade templating error
- → should I choose reactjs+f7 or f7+vue.js?
- → How to dynamically add class to parent div of focused input field?
- → Setting the maxlength of text in an element that is displayed
- → Expanding search bar not expanding before search
- → Get the calling element with vue.js
- → Blade: how to include a section in one page but not in another
- → How to print/log reactjs rendered dom?
- → how to write react component to construct HTML DOM