what type of redirect to a connection page should I use?
What type of redirect should I be using to redirect a user to a connection page if he needs to be authenticated before using one service of my website ?
Just to be sure using the right numbers for the crawler's to witness what a good student I am !
Available redirection statuses:
The 301 (Moved Permanently) status code indicates that the target resource has been assigned a new permanent URI.
The 302 (Found) status code indicates that the target resource resides temporarily under a different URI.
The 303 (See Other) status code indicates that the server is redirecting the user agent to a different resource.
There is no need for the server to transfer a representation of the target resource because the request indicates that the client already has a valid representation.
This status code is similar to 302 (Found), except that it does not allow changing the request method from POST to GET.
This status code is similar to 301 (Moved Permanently), except that it does not allow changing the request method from POST to GET.
So by default, I would choose the
303 See Other, since it's the one that suits your needs the best.
- → How to access the Visual interface for October?
- → How to implement DbDongle::convertTimestamps as workaround of invalid timestamps with MySql strict
- → Laravel 5: Apache php http authentication
- → Trait 'IlluminateFoundationBusDispatchesJobs' not found
- → Disable CSRF TokenMismatch for specific routes on Lumen
- → Change fill color of d3.js node
- → Authenticate with a cookie using laravel 5.1 and jwt
- → What is causing the web page to reload?
- → Is there any way to make an SVG object clickable?
- → Keeping uploaded files secure but still available via https
- → CORS missmatch because of http
- → 500 Internal Server Error Ajax Laravel
- → React: How to publish page on server using React-starter-kit