What Is The Best Implementation For DB Audit Trail?
A DB Audit Trail captures the User Last Modified, Modified Date, and Created Date.
There are several possible implementations:
- SQL Server Triggers
- Add UserModified, ModifiedDate, CreatedDate columns to the database and include logic in Stored Procedures or Insert, Update statements accordingly.
It would be nice if you include implementation (or link to) in your answer.
Depending on what you're doing, you might want to move the audit out of the data layer into the data access layer. It give you more control.
I asked a similar question wrt NHibernate and SqlServer here.
- → How to make Laravel use my class instead of native PDO?
- → SQL: simple custom column in select doesn't work?
- → How to execute Stored Procedure from Laravel
- → Which database engine type should be specified for Microsoft SQL Database in Laravel?
- → How to troubleshoot PDOException?
- → laravel sql server stored procedure output
- → Issue with converting a date using Carbon
- → SQL microsoft query to Laravel 4.2
- → General error 20018 Cannot Continue the file execution because the session is in the Kill state
- → List names of all available MS SQL databases on server using python
- → Variable which replace DB of name in SSMS
- → Java: database connection. Where is my mistake?
- → How Can I use "Date" Datatype in sql server?