Web Development Tools Question - Automatic File Upload
This should a quick question for some easy rep.
I'm doing some PHP Website development, decided to check out and play around with jQuery as well. I don't want to install and manage a local PHP server/service, but I would like a quick one click method for automatically uploading the PHP file I'm working on to my hosting service so I can test it live.
I'm looking into some different editors like Komodo Edit, Notepad++ but I'm wondering what tool has the ability to one click FTP for me?
Edit after a few posts came in:
Well Shoot, Ultra Edit costs around $100, and Aptana allows you to upload to their "Cloud", but you have to purchase the cloud space. I already have my own server. I'll have look into BlueFish a bit more....Thanks for the help guys.
I'm thinking I might try using Notepad++ and just write a batch file to run windows built in FTP, make a connection and copy all the files in a folder in auto-overwrite mode. Seem feasible?
I have a setup that I use FileZilla as the FTP, and NotePad++ as my text editor.
Within FileZilla, I set NotePad++ as the default text editor, and when I hit Ctrl-S within the file I am working on at that time, it automatically uploads those changes to the server.
You will be able to edit the preferences within FileZilla (http://filezilla-project.org) to set your default text editor, this is something you should be able to do with any FTP program.
Check out this post for more information: http://linhost.info/2008/01/notepad-and-filezilla-tip/
- → React: How to publish page on server using React-starter-kit
- → Laravel 5 - Download remote file with dynamic FTP info
- → Composer update doesn't work in my case
- → OctoberCMS | How do I enable a directory for download in OctoberCMS?
- → Shopify store - Upload order details to remote server on success page
- → How to SFTP with PHP
- → Laravel on 1and1 server
- → Condition checking while using sum() in mysql
- → How to Take Database Backup without using phpmyadmin?
- → Flutter.io (dart) - how to create a left padding override?
- → ASP, need to use SFTP
- → File size differences after copying a file to a server vía FTP
- → Reactjs Nodejs file upload ftp via axios