VS2008 Crashes With "Fatal Execution Engine Error"
Has anybody found a fix for Visual Studio crashing with this error (eventlog)?
.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.3082 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A2E1132) (0)
It does this when I start debugging with a problem in the xaml. Visual Studio will then silently disappear.
I've looked at SO and MS Connect but haven't found a fix or workaround. I often read that you should disable all addins but I don't have any.
EDIT: Yes, I have SP1 and the following fixes installed:
Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
KB944899 KB945140 KB945282 KB946040 KB946308 KB946344 KB946581 KB947171 KB947173 KB947180 KB947540 KB947789 KB947888 KB948127 KB953256 KB956453 KB957912 KB958017
Thanks to Paul I found a very strange workaround (I verified it a few times)
- open the solution
- unload the project (context menu)
- edit the csproj (context menu), don't make any changes
- reload the project (contect menu)
If I do that before I start the debugger VS will not crash.
- → Change background of some holiday dates in Calendar control
- → Hiding inherited members
- → How to access a child control's property when it is declared in a ControlTemplate?
- → how to access a child element dynamically in WPF
- → A simpel WPS using MVVM and EF
- → WPF problems refreshing textblock bound to console.stdout
- → View lost when refreshing ObjectDataProvider
- → Refreshing a wpf databinding after object has been updated
- → WPF Frame Source Refreshing the Loaded Page
- → What causes Visual Studio 2008 SP1 to crash when switch to Design View of a WPF application
- → How to display placeholder value in WPF Visual Studio Designer until real value can be loaded
- → Watermark / hint / placeholder text in TextBox?