Visual Studio Setup Project Custom Dialog
I have created a custom dialog for Visual Studio Setup Project using the steps described here
Now I have a combobox in one of my dialogs. I want to populate the combobox with a list of all SQL Server instances running on the local network. It's trivial to get the server list ... but I'm completely lost on how to make them display in the combobox. I would appreciate your help and some code might also be nice as I'm beginner :).
I've always found the custom dialogs in visual studio setup projects to be woefully limited and barely functional.
By contrast, I normally create custom actions that display winforms gui's for any remotely difficult tasks during setup. Works really well and you can do just about anything you want by creating a custom action and passing a few parameters across.
In the dayjob we built a collection of common custom actions for tasks like application config and database creation / script execution to get around custom dialog limitations.
- → Function Undefined in Axios promise
- → React formatting dates with momentjs server side
- → Using ReactJs, How do I update my form fields when my parent object sent in from props changes?
- → Visual Studio 2012 Express: Browser returning 500 status trying to download jsx file
- → AngularJS directive: "templateUrl" doesn't work while "template" works
- → how to add cannonical tag for ASPX .NET page
- → Selecting an element by its attribute when it has a colon in its name
- → Function works for NON dynamically loaded images
- → URL routing requires /Home/Page?page=1 instead of /Home/Page/1
- → There are "gaps" between rows in my masonry cards
- → creating sef links and changing plus sign (+) with dash (-)