Using Graph API Explorer Gets Friends List But My Own App Doesn't . (Graph API Explorer Token V.s App Token)
I am trying to get my friends list in my app. If I use the access token in my Graph API Explorer console and hit the url. https://graph.facebook.com/v2.3/me?access_token='GraphAPIToken'. I am able to get the complete friends list. If I try using the SDK or any library like fbgraph for nodejs I just get the summary which contains the count. I know that with ^v2.0 I have access only to taggable_friends or invitable_friends. My question is that why can the complete friends list be obtained only by Graph API Explorer Token and not any other ?
You cannot get the whole friends list anymore, even with Graph API Explorer (with chosen version >=2.0). That's just not correct that this is possible.
Furthermore, there is no such thing as Graph API Explorer Token. There are either
Access Tokens. From where you get those is not relevant.
- → Import statement and Babel
- → Getting Comments of comments Facebook API
- → Facebook Developer API in reactjs code
- → Facebook PHP SDK - Graph Error "Authorization code has been used" on page refresh
- → How is possible to open website inside facebook mobile app like buzzfeed?
- → Laravel - set meta tag dynamically with @section
- → Do Flux (by Facebook) handle server side update with sockets
- → understanding of real example open graph protocol
- → flynsarmy-sociallogin (Facebook api) in octoberCMS - Authentication failed! Facebook returned an invalid user id
- → Open Graph data facebook
- → Putting Facebook photos on canvas, taint canvas when trying to send it toDataURL. Can I set Facebook's header for CORS?
- → OctoberCMS plugin SEO Meta Og image
- → Shopify + og:image resulting in "was not a valid URL."