Use Of Robot.txt
Why will I want a Robot.txt file on my website. I know how to use it, I want to know why it is used?
Surely you can do a bit more research on Google to find the answer but as an example:
Imagine Google finds your new site published online and scans all your pages to publish in its search index. You may not want google to publish every page such as a sub page because you don’t want users to access it directly from google but rather through a main entry page.
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms
- → Inline JS callback syntax Vs Internal JS callback syntax
- → Prevent form action from being followed by robots
- → How to remove parameters from the root URL if it does I18n
- → SEO Canonical URL in Greek characters
- → Htaccess negation
- → Wrapping anchor elements with text
- → Adding schema.org to site
- → dynamic php title depends on page id and using of "if (isset"
- → Building sitemap for 2 wordpress install under 1 domain
- → Bigcommerce Repeating url
- → 301 Redirection from no-www to www in wordpress
- → Wrapper inside or outside HTML5 semantics main, which is best practice?