Upgrading to Laravel 5.2 invalidates all sessions
Upgrading from Laravel 5.1.17 to 5.2. My
config/auth.php originally contained:
'driver' => 'eloquent', 'model' => 'Project\User', 'table' => 'users',
New file is the same as the default, except with the updated namespace.
'defaults' => [ 'guard' => 'web', 'passwords' => 'users', ], 'guards' => [ 'web' => [ 'driver' => 'session', 'provider' => 'users', ], 'api' => [ 'driver' => 'token', 'provider' => 'users', ], ], 'providers' => [ 'users' => [ 'driver' => 'eloquent', 'model' => Project\User::class, ], ],
redis. I did not clear anything from Redis. (Note, this also happened in my other projects where driver was
file, but I didn't care about it as much for them.)
I have two branches, L5.2 and master (which is on 5.1.17). After switching branches, I simply run
If I login on master, then switch to L5.2, I am logged out
If I switch back to master, I am logged back in
If I login on L5.2, then switch to master, I stay logged in
If I switch back to L5.2, I stay logged in
I'm hesitant to upgrade if it's going to invalidate all of my users' sessions and force them to login again. Is there a way to avoid this?
The only other files that were modified were
config/app.php; nothing that touched Auth.
I figured out what is causing the session to be invalidated. The problem is the session guard's
In 5.2 (
$this->name would be
web by default):
Also, the class name itself changes from
If I replace this method with:
That keeps my sessions logged in.
This is progress but not a complete solution yet. The real solution is to update all of your existing sessions with the new name. I'll work on a script to complete this and then update my answer.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → Make a Laravel collection into angular array (octobercms)
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?
- → Validating fileupload(image Dimensions) in Backend Octobercms
- → OctoberCMS Fileupload completely destroys my backend
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms