Ad

TYPO3 On XAMPP: Changes In Backend Not/unreliably Persisted

- 1 answer

Context

I've a running TYPO3 project on a Linux webserver and now I'm trying to get it working properly on a local Windows 10 machine with XAMPP for development purposes.

What I've done

  1. Copied all content from webserver storage to local xampp/htdocs/typo3 folder
  2. Exported and imported database content from server database to local database
  3. Adapted database info in typo3/typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php
  4. Configured the local XAMPP / PHP / MySQL so that they are the same versions as on the server

The versions are:

  • TYPO3-Version: 9.5.13
  • Webserver: Apache/2.4.41 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1c PHP/7.3.25
  • PHP-Version 7.3.25
  • Database: MySQL 5.7.31

Problem

In general everything works, and also Environment -> Check Environment in TYPO3 Backend doesn't show errors or warnings. However, if I change some page or content in the backend this is horribly unreliable:

  • Hiding a page (context menu -> hide) is not reflected in the UI (no red symbol at the page icon), also after F5 in backend, only after Ctrl+F5 in Chrome (clear cache and reload), the red symbol indicating the page is hidden shows up
  • Hiding a content element of a page doesn't work at all, event after Ctrl + F5 the element still shows up as "not hidden"
  • However, if I hide an element in the "Page" view and afterwards switch to the "List" view (Menu "Web" on the left), in the List view, it is shown as "hidden". The element is also hidden on the frontend page.
  • "De-hiding" the element in the "List" view correctly updates the backend UI (also after F5), but on frontend the element is still hidden, even after "Flush all caches" and Ctrl + F5
  • Adding a new element on "Page" view, does not update Page view, but new element is visible in "List" view and in frontend
  • Already deleted elements randomly re-appear in List view
  • The same problems occur for newly created pages, not only on altering existing ones
  • No error or warning messages in Typo3 log, Apache log or MySQL log
  • All these things work without problems on the remote server

Maybe I should just file a bug for TYPO3, but maybe somebody has a hint for me what I could try on my part to fix this problem. However since it's working on the remote server, it seems like a configuration issue and not a TYPO3 bug. I've run out of ideas.


Updates based on comments:

Ad

Answer

Finally I switched from XAMPP to Laragon, where all the errors disappeared. Don't ask me why and what's the difference there, versions are nearly the same:

  • TYPO3 Version: 9.5.13
  • Webserver: Apache/2.4.35 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1h PHP/7.3.25
  • Database: MySQL 5.7.24
Ad
source: stackoverflow.com
Ad