Type Object Not Subscriptable - Python
from newsapi.sources import Sources import json api_key ='*******************' s = Sources(API_KEY=api_key)
they input the category of news they want
wanted = input('> ') source_list = s.get(category=wanted, language='en') index = 0 sources = 
getting the sources for source in source_list["sources"]:
data = json.dumps(source_list) data = json.loads(data) source = (data["sources"][index]["url"]) sources.append(source) index += 1 from newspaper import Article i = len(sources) - 1
looping through the source list and printing the articles for source in sources:
url_ = sources[i] a = Article[url_] print(a) i -= 1
getting error 'type' object is not subscriptable on the line
a = Article[url_] have researched but still do not understand why in my case.
The simple solution to your problem is that the line:
a = Article[url_]
a = Article(url_)
Now to get to why you're getting the
TypeError: 'type' object is not subscriptable error.
TypeError is the one thrown by python when you use the square bracket notation
object[key] where an object doesn't define the
__getitem__ method. So for instance, using
 on an
>>> object()["foo"] Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> TypeError: 'object' object is not subscriptable
In this case
s were used accidentally instead of
()s when trying to instantiate a class. Most classes (including this
Article class) are instances of the
type class, so trying
object["foo"] causes the same error you are experiencing:
>>> object["foo"] Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> TypeError: 'type' object is not subscriptable
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module