Turn Off Trimming Of Whitespace In Django
I have a charfield in a django model:
sheet = models.CharField(max_length=256, blank=True, null=True)
I am using the default sqlite database.
When I add a new object that has trailing whitespace at the end of this field, Django automatically trims the string. Is there a way to avoid this behaviour?
It turns out that the model doesn't trim whitespace but the forms.CharField does. This is used in the admin interface, which I was using to try to perform the update.
I went into the shell (python manage.py shell) and updated the object directly, which worked.
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module