Too Many Languages In Solr Config
We have a solr configuration based on apache solr 8.52.
We use the installation from the TYPO3 extension ext:solr 10.0.3.
In this way we have multiple (39) languages and multiple cores.
As we do not need most of the languages (for sure we need one, maybe two further) I tried to remove most of them with deleting (moving to another folder) all the configurations I identified as other languages, leaving only these folders and files in the solr folders:
server/ +-solr/ | +-configsets/ | | +-ext_solr_10_0_0/ | | +-conf/ | | | +-english/ | | | +-_schema_analysis_stopwords_english.json | | | +-admin-extra.html | | | : | | | +-solrconfig.xml | | +-typo3lib | | +-solr-typo3-plugin-4.0.0.jar | +cores/ | | +-english/ | | +-core.properties | +-data/ | | +-english/ : : :
I thought that after restarting the server it would only present one language and one core. This was correct.
But on start it noted all the other languages as missing like:
core_es: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Could not load conf for core core_es: Error loading schema resource spanish/schema.xml
Where does solr get this information about all these languages I don't need?
How can I avoid this long list of warnings?
First of all, it does not hurt to have those cores. As long as they are empty and not loaded, they do not take much RAM and CPU.
But if you still want to get rid of them, you need to do it correctly. If you just move core's data directory, this does not mean it is deleted because solr server also needs to adjust config files. Best way is to use curl like this:
That would remove the core and all its data.
- → Multiple routes with different parameters filter to a single endopoint with Zuul
- → "Group by" on a solr field using solrj
- → Is there an easy way to make Solr reference different indexes based on a set of credentials submitted with the request?
- → Is it possible to use only one field to index traditional and simplified Chinese?
- → How to recover from Solr deleted index files?
- → How to cancel Indexing of a Solr document using Update Request Processor
- → How can I mitigate the Log4Shell vulnerability in version 1.2 of Log4j?
- → Upgrade Apache Solr 8.10.1 log4j 2.14.1 version to 2.15 to address critical vulnerability
- → ElasticSearch, Sphinx, Lucene, Solr, Xapian. Which fits for which usage?
- → Hardware requirement for Lucene (Solr/Zoie/Elasticsearch) setup
- → What are the pros and cons of Solr & ElasticSearch?
- → how can i store elasticsearch settings+mappings in one file (like schema.xml for Solr)
- → How to add an item to a custom index in Sitecore programmatically?