Sql Query COUNT Number Of Occurences When Joining A Table
Im trying to return the names of all members that have registered a tasting of a coffe in my DB, and count number of tasting each name has left.
select bruker.navn, COUNT(*) from kaffesmaking inner join bruker on kaffesmaking.bruker_epost = bruker.epost
table "user" has the columns
name, email , password
table "tasting (alias kaffesmaking) has the columns:
id, note, date, score, user_email, coffename
I want a list displaying
names with numbers of tastings done by that particular user.
John Johnson 5 Jessie ashford 3 Paul newman 8
Where the number represents the number of rows that specific user has added in the tasting table.
Any help would be appreciated
You were almost there, you need to add a "group by" to your SQL
SELECT bruker.navn , COUNT(*) as tastings FROM kaffesmaking INNER JOIN bruker ON kaffesmaking.bruker_epost = bruker.epost; group by bruker.navn;
- → I can't do a foreign key, constraint error
- → How to implement DbDongle::convertTimestamps as workaround of invalid timestamps with MySql strict
- → MySQL error "Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed"
- → Eloquent Multitable query
- → "Laravel 5.1" add user and project with userId
- → Database backup with custom code in laravel 5 and get the data upto 10 rows from per table in database
- → Laravel 5.1 QueryException when trying to delete a project
- → Using Array in '->where()' for Laravel Query Building
- → Chaining "Count of Columns" of a Method to Single Query Builder
- → Laravel Eloquent Joining Strange query
- → convert time using mysql laravel 5
- → How to update a column after an expiration date in MySQL?
- → Foreign key constraint fails on existing key