Sql LEFT JOIN Returns Multiple Rows
this is my query
SELECT items.title , genre.genre FROM `items` LEFT JOIN `genre` ON genre.item_id = items.item_id
it returns result as
but i want result as
"SELECT items.title, GROUP_CONCAT(genre.genre) as genres FROM `items` LEFT JOIN `genre` ON genre.item_id = items.item_id"
it now returns
but my second row of items table does not have any row in genre table.But it should return second row too as i am using LEFT JOIN. but it does not return second row
This should work:
SELECT i.title, GROUP_CONCAT(g.genre) FROM items i LEFT JOIN genre g ON g.item_id = i.item_id GROUP BY i.title
Note that I used table aliases here, but they're not needed (they just arguably make the query a bit cleaner).
- → I can't do a foreign key, constraint error
- → How to implement DbDongle::convertTimestamps as workaround of invalid timestamps with MySql strict
- → MySQL error "Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed"
- → Eloquent Multitable query
- → "Laravel 5.1" add user and project with userId
- → Database backup with custom code in laravel 5 and get the data upto 10 rows from per table in database
- → Laravel 5.1 QueryException when trying to delete a project
- → Using Array in '->where()' for Laravel Query Building
- → Chaining "Count of Columns" of a Method to Single Query Builder
- → Laravel Eloquent Joining Strange query
- → convert time using mysql laravel 5
- → How to update a column after an expiration date in MySQL?
- → Foreign key constraint fails on existing key