Sql Authentication Or Windows Auth
For my asp.net website with forms authentication, I will use Windows integrated security to access a sql database. I will give DB permissions to the ASPNET or NETWORK SERVICE. Under what circumstances would I use SQL authentication instead?
Use SQL Auth when you need non-Windows machines to make a DB connection.
Keep in mind that it adds another attack vector (another set of credentials to compromise the machine), so make sure you really need it before using it.
- → Function Undefined in Axios promise
- → React formatting dates with momentjs server side
- → AngularJS directive: "templateUrl" doesn't work while "template" works
- → how to add cannonical tag for ASPX .NET page
- → URL routing requires /Home/Page?page=1 instead of /Home/Page/1
- → ASP.NET routing w/ changing article name
- → NumericTextBox Loses Value using Html.TextBoxFor, not HTML
- → How to do Bundling of css & js files in Drupal
- → Does the fact that every page is reachable through www.example.com and www.example.com/index have any SEO impact?
- → How to add rich snippet in a website?
- → UrlRewriting does not work on server, but on localhost it works fine on asp.net?
- → Bootstrap Nav Collapse via Data Attributes Not Working