Specific Characters Printing With Python
given a string as shown below,
how to print it like shown below ?
1.[xyz] 2.[cfd] 3.[dgr]
The original string will always maintain the above-mentioned format.
I did not realize you had periods and commas... that adds a bit of trickery. You have to split on the periods too
I would use something like this...
list_to_parse = "[xyx],[abc].[cfd],[abc].[dgr],[abc]" count = 0 for i in list_to_parse.split('.'): for j in i.split(','): string = str(count + 1) + "." + j if string: count += 1 print(string) string = None
Another option is split on the left bracket, and then just re-add it with enumerate - then strip commas and periods - this method is also probably a tiny bit faster, as it's not a loop inside a loop
list_to_parse = "[xyx],[abc].[cfd],[abc].[dgr],[abc]" for index, i in enumerate(list.split('[')): if i: print(str(index) + ".[" + i.rstrip(',.'))
also strip is really "what characters to remove" not a specific pattern. so you can add any characters you want removed from the right, and it will work through the list until it hits a character it can't remove. there is also lstrip() and strip()
string manipulation can always get tricky, so pay attention. as this will output a blank first object, so index zero isn't printed etc... always practice and learn your needs :D
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module