Shopify's 'slate' Package Not Running After Installation
I just installed Shopify's 'Slate' package using npm.
Terminal shows that the package was added to '/.npm-packages/lib'. However, when I attempt to build a new shopify theme using the command 'slate theme newthemename', the command isn't found... ...even though slate clearly was installed.
Curious to figure out what I'm doing wrong, so any help/advice is much appreciated!
Your installation of slate is successful. However, the slate program (
slate/lib/index.js) is not added to environment variable
PATH, that's why error
command not found is reported.
To fix this issue, a simple method is add
PATH manually. For example, create a symbolic link in
/usr/local/bin/ and make it point to
sudo ln -s /<absolute_path>/@shopify/slate/lib/index.js /usr/local/bin/slate
Please note the first parameter of
ln -s must be absolute path. If relative path is used, Mac OS X (I'm on 10.12.6) won't help to translate it.
- → Maximum call stack exceeded when instantiating class inside of a module
- → Browserify api: how to pass advanced option to script
- → Node.js Passing object from server.js to external modules?
- → gulp-rename makes copies, but does not replace
- → requiring RX.js in node.js
- → Remove an ObjectId from an array of objectId
- → Can not connect to Redis
- → React: How to publish page on server using React-starter-kit
- → Express - better pattern for passing data between middleware functions
- → Can't get plotly + node.js to stream data coming through POST requests
- → IsGenerator implementation
- → Async/Await not waiting
- → (Socket.io on nodejs) Updating div with mysql data stops without showing error