Shopify Use Subdirectory In Asset Folder
Instead of putting all files in a place in the asset folder, I want to use CSS files in CSS folder, JS files in js folder and images in images folder. Then Include them in the asset folder, so that I can maintain the files easily.
I know Shopify doesn't support any sub-directories within the asset folder. But is there any trick to do that?
According to a Shopify employee. This is currently not possible and the reason is due to a limitation of the CDN they use. See that post here.
Regardless, it's not good practice to have source files in the assets folder. Look into the Shopify Slate tool. It's a theme scaffold and command line interface that helps keep your project structure organized.
styles/ global/ modules/ settings tools/ vendor/
The command line tool takes care of compiling all the source files into one CSS/JS file! As a consequence, you don't need to worry about including the respective files with
<script> tags because it's all taken care of already!
- → Does anyone know how to solve IP canonicalization with shopify platform?
- → How can I add a featured image from a blog post to my homepage on shopify
- → Shopify - Get list of product from a specific collection
- → Shopify webhooks not wanted
- → Comparing two large files are taking over four hours
- → Need "add to cart" button price to update with correct amount depending on what checkbox is checked
- → How to append a variable inside another vaiable name in liquid html
- → GET /admin/webhooks.json returns an empty array
- → How to give border to to current displaying border
- → Shopify background image
- → Dynamic Attribute Names in Shopify Cart
- → What after added shopify store into shipstation