Shopify Python Get Theme Asset As CSS From .scss.liquid File
Is it possible to externally (from my non-embedded Shopify app) perform an API call that will emulate the functionality of the
asset_url liquid tag and compile / process a
.scss.liquid file into
.css so that I can use it in an external app?
My app lives at
subdomain.myapp.com and I want to be able to include the stores css files so that I can apply typography settings etc. from the store.
Presently I am getting the theme asset like so:
current_theme = shopify.Theme.find_first(role="main") theme_css = shopify.Asset.find(key='assets/theme.scss.liquid', theme_id=current_theme.id)
I know I could use an app proxy to embedd this page into Shopify, but I want to access the css outside of shopify.
You seem to have answered your own question with your question. Since you can make API calls to get theme assets like stylesheets, you are then free to use them as you wish. There is no difference in authentication and authorization with embedded vs. non-embedded Apps.
- → Does anyone know how to solve IP canonicalization with shopify platform?
- → How can I add a featured image from a blog post to my homepage on shopify
- → Shopify - Get list of product from a specific collection
- → Shopify webhooks not wanted
- → Comparing two large files are taking over four hours
- → Need "add to cart" button price to update with correct amount depending on what checkbox is checked
- → How to append a variable inside another vaiable name in liquid html
- → GET /admin/webhooks.json returns an empty array
- → How to give border to to current displaying border
- → Shopify background image
- → Dynamic Attribute Names in Shopify Cart
- → What after added shopify store into shipstation