Shopify Product/update Webhook Firing On Inventory Change
I have registered to shopify's product webhook using topic
product/update. As per answer of a shopify staff memeber here:
product/update webhook should not fire when there is a change in inventory level, but i am observing a completely different behavior, when ever a product is sold that fire
Has anyone else experienced same issue? or i am doing something wrong?
It could be as simple as in that shop, when a product sells, another App you have no idea about, changes the product for some reason. Plenty of Apps could do that. And when they do change the produc another App you have no idea about, changes the product for some reason. Plenty of Apps could do that. And when they do change the product, it is updated, and you get a webhook for product/update, triggered by a sale.
Of course, you can also dream up other scenarios where things change.
Following is an answer by shopify staff member:
Hope it helps.
- → Does anyone know how to solve IP canonicalization with shopify platform?
- → How can I add a featured image from a blog post to my homepage on shopify
- → Shopify - Get list of product from a specific collection
- → Shopify webhooks not wanted
- → Comparing two large files are taking over four hours
- → Need "add to cart" button price to update with correct amount depending on what checkbox is checked
- → How to append a variable inside another vaiable name in liquid html
- → GET /admin/webhooks.json returns an empty array
- → How to give border to to current displaying border
- → Shopify background image
- → Dynamic Attribute Names in Shopify Cart
- → What after added shopify store into shipstation