Shopify Extract Orders + Marketing Action
I need to extract all of our orders from a Shopify shop in order to analyze them. When I check the shops backend, I can see if and where the order is coming from (ppc, organic).
Downloading the excel files, this information is missing. Looking at the API documentation, I can find an object called marketingEvent, which has (i) a marketing_channel and (ii) a paid flag:
but I'm not sure if this is what I am looking for and how a marketingEvent object is related to an order.
Do you have any ideas?
From your description it seems like you are discussing about Conversion Summary. However, it is not possible to export this data with Orders Export as per this forum post. HOwever, if you have a look at API reference for Orders, there are few properties that may help you.
client_details will allow you to see the details like broswer and locale.
landing_site will allow you to see the the additional UTM etc parameters that may provide you the additional information.
referring_site will define if it was a direct visit or some site that referred visitor to your store.
For more information on Conversion tracking have a look at Shopify documentation.
- → Does anyone know how to solve IP canonicalization with shopify platform?
- → How can I add a featured image from a blog post to my homepage on shopify
- → Shopify - Get list of product from a specific collection
- → Shopify webhooks not wanted
- → Comparing two large files are taking over four hours
- → Need "add to cart" button price to update with correct amount depending on what checkbox is checked
- → How to append a variable inside another vaiable name in liquid html
- → GET /admin/webhooks.json returns an empty array
- → How to give border to to current displaying border
- → Shopify background image
- → Dynamic Attribute Names in Shopify Cart
- → What after added shopify store into shipstation