Shopify Billing API Status Updates: Frozen, Expired, Etc
I'm developing an app for Shopify and they show a flow diagram on this page: https://help.shopify.com/api/charging-for-your-app/recurring-application-charges
I'm doing a recurring charge, which is described here: https://help.shopify.com/api/reference/recurringapplicationcharge
Their docs say that when a user accepts/declines a charge, the user will be sent to
return_url, where I can then verify the status.
But how do I handle / get notified on the other cases where payment is interrupted:
- User doesn't respond and charge becomes expired
- User cancels Shopify account
- User's credit card is removed/declined
- User's account is frozen
If the User declines, they do not visit the confirmation URL. But if you examine the charge, its state shows declined, not pending.
If the User cancels their account, you get an uninstall webhook if you're listening for that, so you can uninstall the shop.
If the User has credit card problems Shopify takes care of that.
If the account is frozen you can just sit on it for as long you care to, and then you can delete it if things persist.
- → Does anyone know how to solve IP canonicalization with shopify platform?
- → How can I add a featured image from a blog post to my homepage on shopify
- → Shopify - Get list of product from a specific collection
- → Shopify webhooks not wanted
- → Comparing two large files are taking over four hours
- → Need "add to cart" button price to update with correct amount depending on what checkbox is checked
- → How to append a variable inside another vaiable name in liquid html
- → GET /admin/webhooks.json returns an empty array
- → How to give border to to current displaying border
- → Shopify background image
- → Dynamic Attribute Names in Shopify Cart
- → What after added shopify store into shipstation