Shopify_app Gem Webhooks Not Working On Heroku Environment
I use the shopify_app gem to add webhooks to my app. They work as expected in my local environment, but when I use the app from my Heroku environment, nothing happens when I do actions that should trigger the webhooks, nor is there any errors or anything at all in the logs.
Any ideas for how I should proceed to determine what the error is?
Update c.f. Davids comment (thanks for the input David):
I've added a call to the API to see which webhooks are installed for the app, and I can see the webhooks have not been succesfully installed - I will dig into this.
My procfile for Heroku has the following content:
web: bundle exec rails s webpacker: ruby bin/webpack-dev-server inventoryworker: bundle exec sidekiq -q default -q urgent -c 3 clock: bundle exec clockwork scheduler.rb
The Heroku setup is as follows:
- one dyno for "web bundle exec rails s"
- one dyno for "clock bundle exec clockwork scheduler.rb"
- one dyno for "inventoryworker bundle exec sidekiq -q default -q urgent -c 3"
- one off dyno for "webpacker ruby bin/webpack-dev-server"
I am expecting the webhooks to be handled by inventoryworker?
Thanks to Davids hints I found out that the webhooks were not installed. Looking at the logs during install I saw that the installation of webhooks works by adding a job to a queue - this queue name was not included in my configuration of starting sidekiq and for this reasonn webhooks were not installed.
- → Trigger a click with jQuery using link_to of rails 4
- → Adding html data attribute to simple_forms input
- → How to remove parameters from the root URL if it does I18n
- → passing parameters to rails back end from an ajax call
- → Blocking ?page= in robots.txt
- → react js and rails Updating state on a component with active record relationship
- → State not passed into prop
- → Cannot read property 'modalIsOpen' of undefined
- → Objects not valid issue
- → How to map API params to model
- → Consuming webhooks shopify-api
- → How to add ScriptTag on shopify_api gem?