Shopify API With Postman Chrome App
I am using Shopify API through the Postman Chrome app. I have used OAuth 2.0 and have an authorization code to which I am passing in the header with API call.
Now If I am logged into my Shopify store in Chrome, and enabled a Postman plugin named "Intercepter" and no access code in the header then also I receive response else not.
I am confused now that what is the use of access token passed in the header if I can access response without it.
I am performing GET API call. Please Help.
Using an API key has the primary advantage of being more portable- while you may be able to access the API endpoints via your logged in browser session, you wouldn't want to be using browser sessions for authentication from within a real application.
Also, from experience, I can tell you that some of the API behavior from browser-session based authentication is different from the behavior when using an API key. For example, requesting the following with your browser session:
will return an HTML response (despite the
.json) containing search results. This API is only used internally by the Shopify admin, and not available when using an API key.
- → Does anyone know how to solve IP canonicalization with shopify platform?
- → How can I add a featured image from a blog post to my homepage on shopify
- → Shopify - Get list of product from a specific collection
- → Shopify webhooks not wanted
- → Comparing two large files are taking over four hours
- → Need "add to cart" button price to update with correct amount depending on what checkbox is checked
- → How to append a variable inside another vaiable name in liquid html
- → GET /admin/webhooks.json returns an empty array
- → How to give border to to current displaying border
- → Shopify background image
- → Dynamic Attribute Names in Shopify Cart
- → What after added shopify store into shipstation