Sessions - Should A Session Cookie Be Refreshed For Each Request?
I notice that when using sessions in a Laravel application, the Set-Cookie header is set for each request.
Set-Cookie:laravel_session=eyJpdiI6ImFHN3BkcVRJY2lPOGN0SUJrRWdQcnc9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoiY2FIYkFHSXpsSzBcL3NEN2o0ZnpGVXZ4ajNPXC9OWSswVFJnUmZQTWdsTGRobzR6OTIxV1wvK3JwOTE0dldcL1JjUXRaZjNyQkhcLytONFFLenJhOVloM3dmZz09IiwibWFjIjoiMzZhYTdjMzZlNzk5ODFiNmFjOGJlOGVjNmYzNmZhOWEyYjhjOTFhZjY0NjJhZTE5MWFlMWM4NjllNjc0N2JhOSJ9; expires=Sat, 30-Jan-2016 21:45:04 GMT; Max-Age=7200; path=/; httponly
Set-Cookie:laravel_session=eyJpdiI6IjJUREdPOGZoRjlOeXJYeWhhU0R3amc9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoiZ0N5YURPRGZkN3dRMDFhcjJDNWVhdUZPMkJyXC9qOXVCM3dCK3MzbFVjd1pKNUhXRVVFT3lnTnlqVlZVQVpaYnVOUGtvV1wvRVFpWHI4dEdrMXo5QUpuUT09IiwibWFjIjoiOGI3OTc5YjE2MjQ0MDlhYTM4YWZmODhmZmQ0OWIxMWU4YjQ4ZDU3M2JjZmI3NmZmMWViNjg4NjI3ZDk1ODkxZiJ9; expires=Sat, 30-Jan-2016 21:47:50 GMT; Max-Age=7200; path=/; httponly
the two strings are slightly different
The browser is sending the appropriate Cookie header for each request
I wonder if that's the intended behaviour and if it's necessary for updating the expire time, or it can be set only for the first request and then the browser can just send it back for the following ones?
Yes, it's updating the expiration time. If it didn't, the session would expire two hours after the user's first page hit, regardless of whether they were still using the site. By sending it every time, the app ensures that the session expires two hours after their last page hit.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → Make a Laravel collection into angular array (octobercms)
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?
- → Validating fileupload(image Dimensions) in Backend Octobercms
- → OctoberCMS Fileupload completely destroys my backend
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms