Search Engines Are Showing The Old URL Even After Implementing A Redirect
I just want to know what code I use in .htaccess file for 301 redirection.
My old URL is
http://www.mercurysolutions.co/training/certified-ethical-hacker-v9-course and I want to redirect this to
I've tried this code in app/.htaccess and app/webroot/.htaccess both
Redirect 301 /training/certified-ethical-hacker-v9-course /ec-council/certified-ethical-hacker-v9-course
When I search on search engines related to my company site, it shows the old URL with 404 error. But If I click on that, It redirects to new URL.
RedirectMatch 301 ^/training/certified-ethical-hacker-v9-course /ec-council/certified-ethical-hacker-v9-course
This should redirect your pages.
Search engine is different things. Google has index your old link and shows your old link when searched on search engine. To remove your old link from Google Index from Google WebMaster Tool and should add 410 Gone header so that when Google bot crawls it will notice that the index page has gone.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?