Replace Characters With A Space Within A Column While Maintaining Original Value (In Pandas)
I have a dataset, where, in one column I would like to replace the '.' with a ' ' or space.
note - the Date is an object type
Date Type Q1.27 A Q2.27 B
Date Type Q1 27 A Q2 27 B
df['Date'] = df['Date'].replace('.','', regex=True)
However this eliminates the full value. Any suggestion is appreciated. I think I may need to incorporate a split since the code is instructing the value to be replaced by a space.
In a regular expression,
. is a wildcard that matches any character. So you're replacing all characters with an empty string. Use
regex=False to make this a literal string instead of a regular expression.
And you said you wanted the replacement to be a single space, not an empty string.
df['Date'] = df['Date'].str.replace('.',' ', regex=False)
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module