Relation Manager Not Showing Pivot Data
So this question came about because of this other question I was looking into.
So I have dabbled in this a bit working with backend forms and thought I knew how to tackle this. However I am not seeing the results that I thought I would. I have tried to do some research and haven't seen anyone bring this up in the issues on the github page or here in stackoverflow. Unless I missed it. How do you show the stored extra Pivot Data in the backend?
Here is my
public $belongsToMany = [ 'equipments' => [ 'Brandon\Pixelrpg\Models\Equipments', 'table' => 'brandon_pixelrpg_equipment_inventory', 'key' => 'inventory', 'otherKey' => 'equipment' ] ];
Here is my
public $implement = [ 'Backend\Behaviors\ListController', 'Backend\Behaviors\FormController', 'Backend\Behaviors\ReorderController', 'Backend\Behaviors\RelationController' ]; public $listConfig = 'config_list.yaml'; public $formConfig = 'config_form.yaml'; public $reorderConfig = 'config_reorder.yaml'; public $relationConfig = 'config_relation.yaml';
Here is my
equipments: label: Equipments view: list: columns: id: label: ID type: number searchable: true sortable: true name: label: Name type: text searchable: true sortable: true value: label: Value type: number searchable: true sortable: true updated_at: label: Updated type: datetime searchable: true sortable: true pivot[quantity]: label: Quantity type: number pivot: form: fields: pivot[quantity]: label: Quantity type: number default: 0
So here is my backend form showing correctly the relation manager. You will noticed that the quantity field is not being filled out. In the second image of my database it does correctly get filled out updated and deleted using the form:
So I solved this after digging around and reading laravel documents. The solution was to add
pivot => ['quantity'] in the model relationship configuration.
public $belongsToMany = [ 'equipments' => [ 'Brandon\Pixelrpg\Models\Equipments', 'table' => 'brandon_pixelrpg_equipment_inventory', 'key' => 'inventory', 'otherKey' => 'equipment', 'pivot' => ['quantity'] ] ];
- → OctoberCMS Backend Loging Hash Error
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → OctoberCMS - How to make collapsible list default to active only on non-mobile
- → Create plugin that makes objects from model in back-end
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → How to install console for plugin development in October CMS
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → How to update data attribute on Ajax complete
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page