Read Multiple Gzip Files To 1 Fileobject In Python
i want to read multiple gzip file to 1 file object currently i am doing
import gzip a = gzip.open(path2zipfile1) for line in a.readline() #do some stuff
but i need to read from say 2 files
a = gzip.open(path2zipfile1) #read zip1 a = gzip.open(path2zipfile2, 'rU') #appending file object with contents of 2nd file for line in a.readlines() #this should give me contents from zip1 then zip2
unable to find the right mode to do so
import itertools, gzip files = ['path2zipfile1', 'path2zipfile2'] it = (gzip.open(f, 'rt') for f in files) for line in itertools.chain.from_iterable(it): print(line)
another version without
def gen(files): for f in files: fo = gzip.open(f, 'rt') while True: line = fo.readline() if not line: break yield line files = ['path2zipfile1', 'path2zipfile2'] for line in gen(files): print(line)
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module