React + Webpack Character Encoding Issues
I'm currently making a website using ReactJS and webpack to build it.
My text editor is set on
ISO-8859-15 encoding and I'm using accented or special chars like
é è à ç.
In my html page, I believe I'm using the right configuration:
But special chars are not rendered the right way:
Fran�ais instead of
Français for instance.
I tried to set
charset="utf-8" but nothing changed.
I feel like webpack is building with
UTF-8 encoding, which brakes my chars. How could I fix this issue?
I didn't find a way to make webpack read input files with an encoding other than UTF-8. I had to set up my project to write source files in UTF-8, and then used webpack-encoding-plugin to output files as ISO-8859-1 or whatever. It worked.
- → Import statement and Babel
- → should I choose reactjs+f7 or f7+vue.js?
- → Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '__SECRET_DOM_DO_NOT_USE_OR_YOU_WILL_BE_FIRED' of undefined
- → .tsx webpack compile fails: Unexpected token <
- → React-router: Passing props to children
- → ListView.DataSource looping data for React Native
- → React Native with visual studio 2015 IDE
- → Can't test submit handler in React component
- → React + Flux - How to avoid global variable
- → Webpack, React & Babel, not rendering DOM
- → How do I determine if a new ReactJS session and/or Browser session has started?
- → Alt @decorators in React-Native
- → How to dynamically add class to parent div of focused input field?