React: How to publish page on server using React-starter-kit
So, I created a page using repo from: https://github.com/kriasoft/react-starter-kit
I have my own global ftp server. And now I would like to publish my project on server.
What is the best way to do it. Should I copy all files to ftp server and just exec command 'npm start'? Or maybe I should deploy it?
I'm new in web deployment and not sure how it works.
Thanks for any tips.
This is a big topic to cover, whatever your linux distribution is, you probably will always need 2 servers - a proxy server, and an app server.
I'd recommend you wrap your compiled sites with a simple Node.js server like Express or Hapi. Then configure nginx to properly route all the requests to the application. Checkout some detailed guides from DigitalOcean
- CentOS: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-a-node-js-application-for-production-on-centos-7
- Ubuntu: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-a-node-js-application-for-production-on-ubuntu-14-04
Minor steps might be slightly different but you get the idea
- → Maximum call stack exceeded when instantiating class inside of a module
- → Browserify api: how to pass advanced option to script
- → Node.js Passing object from server.js to external modules?
- → gulp-rename makes copies, but does not replace
- → requiring RX.js in node.js
- → Remove an ObjectId from an array of objectId
- → Can not connect to Redis
- → React: How to publish page on server using React-starter-kit
- → Express - better pattern for passing data between middleware functions
- → Can't get plotly + node.js to stream data coming through POST requests
- → IsGenerator implementation
- → Async/Await not waiting
- → (Socket.io on nodejs) Updating div with mysql data stops without showing error