Rails: How Do You Access RESTful Helpers?
Creating a RESTful route will also make available a pile of helpers within your application
and then they list some helpers like
Where can I find the complete list of helpers that is "made available?"
Is there a way to call the helpers in the console? I created an app, then opened up the console with
script/console. I tried to call one of the helpers on the console like this:
NameError: undefined local variable or method `entries_url' for #<Object:0x349a4> from (irb):8
You have several questions in there, most of which have already been answered by people below.
The answer to one that wasn't fully addressed however, is: yes you can use the script/console to see where your routes go. Just type in
app.[route_helper] and it will respond with the path. For example
app.users_path will return
So for your example type
app.entries_url for the full URL - or
app.entries_path for its relative path within the console.
- → Trigger a click with jQuery using link_to of rails 4
- → Adding html data attribute to simple_forms input
- → How to remove parameters from the root URL if it does I18n
- → passing parameters to rails back end from an ajax call
- → Blocking ?page= in robots.txt
- → react js and rails Updating state on a component with active record relationship
- → State not passed into prop
- → Cannot read property 'modalIsOpen' of undefined
- → Objects not valid issue
- → How to map API params to model
- → Consuming webhooks shopify-api
- → How to add ScriptTag on shopify_api gem?