Prevent Mime Faking On Php Uploads
Is there a way to prevent someone from faking a mime type on a file upload and then running a php/exe/etc...
I have to make the file upload directory writeable and executable so that the files can be stored, but this allows anyone to run a script after. One thing I can do is add random data to the file name so they can't guess the file name after (since they still can't read from the directory to get a listing).
I'm using file upload with php for the first time and I'm trying to cover all of the security issues.
The file upload directory should not be accessible to the web browser. I.e. don't allow somebody to upload a file, say "
remove_all_my_files.php", and then execute it on your system by giving the url to it, say "
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?