Postgres Syntax Error In IF Statement With NOT EXIST Statement
I want to use
IF statement in insertion.
INSERT INTO <table_name>(<columns>) VALUES (IF NOT EXISTS (<exist_statement>) THEN (<first set of values>), (<second set of values>) ELSE (<first set of values>) END IF );
But the following error appears:
syntax error at or near "NOT" LINE 1: ...r_id, role_id, role_type, user_status) VALUES (IF NOT EXISTS... ^
I tried putting this block of code in the
DO $$ BEGIN <code_block> END $$
But the error remains.
You need to use
INSERT INTO <table_name>(<columns>) VALUES (CASE WHEN NOT EXISTS (<exist_statement>) THEN (<first set of values>), (<second set of values>) ELSE (<fist set of values>) END );
- → I can't do a foreign key, constraint error
- → How to implement DbDongle::convertTimestamps as workaround of invalid timestamps with MySql strict
- → MySQL error "Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed"
- → Eloquent Multitable query
- → "Laravel 5.1" add user and project with userId
- → Database backup with custom code in laravel 5 and get the data upto 10 rows from per table in database
- → Laravel 5.1 QueryException when trying to delete a project
- → Using Array in '->where()' for Laravel Query Building
- → Chaining "Count of Columns" of a Method to Single Query Builder
- → Laravel Eloquent Joining Strange query
- → convert time using mysql laravel 5
- → How to update a column after an expiration date in MySQL?
- → Foreign key constraint fails on existing key