I have a production server with apache2, php, mysql. I have just one site right now (mysite.com) as a virtual host. I want to put phpmyadmin, webalizer, and maybe webmin on there. So far, I installed phpmyadmin, and it works but the whole internet can go to mysite.com/phpmyadmin
How can I reduce the visibility to say 192.168.0.0/16 so it's just accessible to machines behind my firewall?
1) You can do it at the Webserver level.
Use allow/deny rules for apache. If you don't have direct access to your apache configuration file, you may use a .htaccess file.
<Directory /docroot> Order Deny,Allow Deny from all Allow from 10.1.2.3 </Directory>
2) You can do it at the application level using the phpmyadmin config file.
The configuration parameter is:
Examples of rules are:
'all' -> 0.0.0.0/0 'localhost' -> 127.0.0.1/8 'localnetA' -> SERVER_ADDRESS/8 'localnetB' -> SERVER_ADDRESS/16 'localnetC' -> SERVER_ADDRESS/24
You can see this on the official phpMyAdmin configuration documentation.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?