Permissions "public" folder Laravel
So I have the following folder organization in my Laravel project:
- etc ...
So my problem is, when a user uploads an image I move it to the folder user_image and then I use the Intervention Image to make it smaller, I use Image::make(#folder), then re size it and at last I save it. But to do that the folder user_image needs special permissions, with chmod 777 i can make it work, but I think it's a security breach if I leave the folder with 777 permissions.
Should I leave the folder with 777 permissions or shouldn't? Why?
I would suggest that you leave 777 chmod if it is only images but also place an empty php file called "index.php" inside that folder that will redirect all incoming connection to the root.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?