Periodically Refresh A Database In Laravel For Dev/Staging Server
I have a system built in Laravel 8, hosted by DigitalOcean and deployed using GitLab and Forge. I have three branches, dev/staging/master that are linked to various domains, separately controlled by Forge.
For the dev site, I want to reset the database regularly to the raw seed value. I could just run a CRON job on the server of course, but is there a best practise way of doing this, or some inbuilt Laravel functionality, that I can or should use?
Cron is still well suited for this job. Nothing wrong it. You could put it in Laravel's schedule if you wish, which is still run by cron :)
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → Make a Laravel collection into angular array (octobercms)
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?
- → Validating fileupload(image Dimensions) in Backend Octobercms
- → OctoberCMS Fileupload completely destroys my backend
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms