Pass Data From Shopify URL To Saved Order
What is a method of passing custom data through a Shopify URL and having that data stored with the order (for later extraction through reports, admin access, API pull, etc.)?
For example, I would like to produce URLs like
(for an external affiliate tracking system), and have that 123456 be saved with the order. Then I could pull the orders from Shopify and know which orders were associated with which affiliates.
I realize there are affiliate apps for use within Shopify, but they seem to want to own the affiliate definition and data. This isn't what I need, as the IDs I pass in are entirely owned and managed by an external system.
I found the answer here: Shopify Permalink Cart Preloading
Using a permalink to create a cart with one or more items in it, extra parameters can be added to the URL that provide additional information (including shipping address, but especially including data such as an affiliate id).
will result in a cart that, when checked out and completed, will store the referral ID with the order.
- → Does anyone know how to solve IP canonicalization with shopify platform?
- → How can I add a featured image from a blog post to my homepage on shopify
- → Shopify - Get list of product from a specific collection
- → Shopify webhooks not wanted
- → Comparing two large files are taking over four hours
- → Need "add to cart" button price to update with correct amount depending on what checkbox is checked
- → How to append a variable inside another vaiable name in liquid html
- → GET /admin/webhooks.json returns an empty array
- → How to give border to to current displaying border
- → Shopify background image
- → Dynamic Attribute Names in Shopify Cart
- → What after added shopify store into shipstation