OctoberCMS RecordFinder Create Record
Is it possible to create a new record using the Record Finder? Or if there are other form widget that's built for this feature?
For example, in a Department, there are Officers.
If an officer already exists in the database, the user can just select the officer to be added to that department.
However, if the user intends to assign an officer to a department which does not yet exist in the database, there would be a form that will automatically create the officer and then assign it to the department.
Is this possible? Currently, I am using RecordFinder with Repeater, since the relationship is Many to Many. Thank you!
"if there are other form widget that's built for this feature" - yes fortunately
october CMS is having
Relation Manager dedicated to this job.
you can combine
Relation behavior which will give you functionality which you required.
I highly recommend watch this video tutorial from
autherit will solve your problem surely.
for more confrontational help you can check its api here : https://octobercms.com/docs/backend/relations
if you still face any difficulties please comment.
- → OctoberCMS Backend Loging Hash Error
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → OctoberCMS - How to make collapsible list default to active only on non-mobile
- → Create plugin that makes objects from model in back-end
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → How to install console for plugin development in October CMS
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → How to update data attribute on Ajax complete
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page