October CMS - cannot select themes
I have just deployed an october cms website that is working perfectly fine on my dev machine. The issue I am having is that, when I access the backend of my live site, I only see two themes: apitest and test (active). In my dev machine I have the original Demo theme and a custom theme that I developed; the directories that contain these two themes are present in my live server but the two themes are not available in the backend interface to be made active.
What can I do to make them available and where did these two weird themes (apitest and test) come from?
I have found the solution to this problem. Since this site is going to eventually be used as a staging site, I had created a .env file at the root directory with the value
This caused the site to go into testing mode (I wrongly assumed this would be something like a staging site) and the default theme defined for the testing mode was 'test'. The settings that defined this and more where found in the directory
I changed the contents of .env to
And created a
config/staging directory with the correct files in it to override config values from live as appropriate.
- → October CMS - cannot select themes
- → Page URLs not working
- → Best way to do front-end public and restricted area with October CMS?
- → Laravel 5 Deleting a one-to-many relationship
- → How to develop Shopify themes locally?
- → Remove h1 class="page-title" from ENFOLD theme
- → How can I render a theme partial from within a component
- → show product vendor on collection page
- → Custom made sections not appearing with Shopify's new theme editor
- → How to edit content on pages for Collection Tags in Shopify
- → How to test shopify themes locally?
- → Shopify - Increment or Counter
- → October CMS: share partial between themes