MySQL Results To A File
How do I write the results from a mysql query to file? I just need something quick. Output can be CSV, XML, HTML, etc.
SELECT a,b,a+b FROM test_table INTO OUTFILE '/tmp/result.txt' FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'
(the docs show INTO OUTFILE up in the SELECT .. portion which may work as well, but I've never tried it that way) http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/select.html
INTO OUTFILE creates a file on the server; if you are on a client and want it there, do:
mysql -u you -p -e "SELECT ..." > file_name
- → I can't do a foreign key, constraint error
- → How to implement DbDongle::convertTimestamps as workaround of invalid timestamps with MySql strict
- → MySQL error "Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed"
- → Eloquent Multitable query
- → "Laravel 5.1" add user and project with userId
- → Database backup with custom code in laravel 5 and get the data upto 10 rows from per table in database
- → Laravel 5.1 QueryException when trying to delete a project
- → Using Array in '->where()' for Laravel Query Building
- → Chaining "Count of Columns" of a Method to Single Query Builder
- → Laravel Eloquent Joining Strange query
- → convert time using mysql laravel 5
- → How to update a column after an expiration date in MySQL?
- → Foreign key constraint fails on existing key