MVC SEO Targeting Italy From A .uk.com Domain
My question is quite similar, but not exactly matching what I found here: Internationalize target country for SEO using language url path
The only difference is that the default (only) language (Italian) does not match the domain localisation. My business is located in UK and my MVC application is hosted on a ".uk.com" domain. The website is for a software exclusively created for Italian customers, and is intended to be targeted for Italy only.
From a SEO perspective, I have configured the routing to use sub-directories like "www.mysite.uk.com/it", but I suspect that the default URL "www.mysite.uk.com" should be localised for Italy as well.
If so, what is the best approach to achieve this in MVC?
Thanks in advance.
Might be obvious, but why not use .it domain instead of .uk.com?
Anyway, otherwise I would not duplicate content with Italian content from the root and from the /it folder. Forget the /it folder if you only have one language.
There are some SEO tips here:
After that, just use Google Webmaster Tools:
Here you can configure for which country our page is intended too. Adding an Italian address into the footer cannot hurt either.
But this really is not an MVC issue at all.
- → Function Undefined in Axios promise
- → AngularJS directive: "templateUrl" doesn't work while "template" works
- → URL routing requires /Home/Page?page=1 instead of /Home/Page/1
- → NumericTextBox Loses Value using Html.TextBoxFor, not HTML
- → Does the fact that every page is reachable through www.example.com and www.example.com/index have any SEO impact?
- → SEO tags in Umbraco
- → Add dynamic divs around 6 image urls using jquery
- → ASP.NET Mvc 5 return View with seo friendly url
- → MVC SEO targeting Italy from a .uk.com domain
- → Using an object I never defined in JQuery
- → Pass json data from Google Maps to MVC controller with AJAX
- → Displaying Unique SEO code two times in the URL when change length 2 to 5