Multiple Sitemap: Entries In Robots.txt?
I have been searching around using Google but I can't find an answer to this question.
A robots.txt file can contain the following line:
but is it possible to specify multiple sitemap index files in the robots.txt and have the search engines recognize that and crawl ALL of the sitemaps referenced in each sitemap index file? For example, will this work:
Sitemap: http://www.mysite.com/sitemapindex1.xml Sitemap: http://www.mysite.com/sitemapindex2.xml Sitemap: http://www.mysite.com/sitemapindex3.xml
It is possible to write them, but it is up to the search engine to know what to do with it. I suspect many search engines will either "keep digesting" more and more tokens, or alternatively, take the last sitemap they find as the real one.
I propose that the question be "if I want ____ search engine to index my site, would I be able to define multiple sitemaps?"
- → Building sitemap for 2 wordpress install under 1 domain
- → How to arrange sitemaps for main site and for blog (in subdomain)
- → Google-AMP > HEAD and Sitemap
- → Wordpress Sitemap XML Error while using with Custom Permalinks
- → Hreflang tag and ?change_lang for Google
- → Why my sitemap doesn't have any link pages after generated?
- → How to fix sitemap got Error details: 1 Errors, 0 Warnings.?
- → Do i need to Submit Separate (Mobile) Sitemap for AMP pages?
- → Sitemap for multilingual website with customized links
- → Sitemap for site with few dynamic HTML files and many possible URLs
- → Your Sitemap does not contain any URLs. Please validate and resubmit your Sitemap?
- → How to remove URLs with argument in google result
- → How to create a site map using DNN and C#