MongoDB Server Configuration
I have a MongoDB server running on my localhost. I wrote a simple Python program that reads/writes to the database using "localhost"; however, I want to give other clients access to my MongoDB server. For now, I am not concerned about access security and would like to grant access to anyone. How should I configure the Mongo Server to do this?
Here is the simple program connecting to localhost.
from pymongo import MongoClient connection = MongoClient("Localhost") db = connection.hockey.players results = db.find() print() print('+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-') for record in results: print(record['name'] + ',',record['position']) connection.close()
The error message I'm getting: File "C:/Users/Peter/PycharmProjects/Test/helloWorld.py", line 8, in for record in results: File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\pymongo\cursor.py", line 1097, in next if len(self.__data) or self._refresh(): File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\pymongo\cursor.py", line 1019, in _refresh self.__read_concern)) File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\pymongo\cursor.py", line 850, in __send_message **kwargs) File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\pymongo\mongo_client.py", line 777, in _send_message_with_response server = topology.select_server(selector) File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\pymongo\topology.py", line 142, in select_server address)) File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\pymongo\topology.py", line 118, in select_servers self._error_message(selector)) pymongo.errors.ServerSelectionTimeoutError: x.y.z.w:27017: timed out
Process finished with exit code 1
Below is my current localhost setup that works fine if I run it on my client which hosts the MongoDB. Current setup
Give them your ip address and the port number (Default:27017) to connect to your server. Also edit the
bindIp in the
mongod.conf file as
bindIp: 0.0.0.0. Ask them to connect to your database by using something like:
from pymongo import MongoClient connection = MongoClient("mongodb://your_ip:yourport")
If you're on windows, create the configuration file
mongod.cfg. And add the entry as
systemLog: destination: file path: c:\data\log\mongod.log storage: dbPath: c:\data\db net: bindIp: 0.0.0.0 port: 27017
Make sure you've already created
db folder or change the path where your data and log folder are located.
Start the mongodb by specyfying thr configuration file.
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module